Coming this July 23: Our Yearly Summit
The North Dakota Active Transportation Alliance and its partners and allies organize an Annual Statewide Active Transportation Summit to bring together walkers, runners, bicycle riders, advocates, agencies and everyone across the state who is working to make walking and biking safe, convenient, comfortable and inviting in North Dakota.
This year’s summit will take place online on July 23, from 6:00 pm to 6:45 pm. To register, please follow this link: https://meethdr.webex.com/meethdr/onstage/g.php?MTID=e1cebe01a607c5f46606a996118e7ec08
The purpose of the Summit this year is to convene bicycle riders and walkers from throughout North Dakota to:
- Make connections with each other,
- Connect with the North Dakota Active Transportation Alliance (this organization), and
- Advocate for North Dakota’s community of bicyclists, walkers, runners.
The Summit will be held virtually, and will be formatted to help gather the voice and guidance of North Dakota bicycle riders and walkers to orient the goals and priorities of the North Dakota Department of Transportation’s Long Range Transportation Plan (called Transportation Connection) and which aims to guide the state’s priorities for transportation for the next 20 years.
The Summit will be held as an online web meeting, and will include interactive polls and other tools to gather your guidance within each presentation segment. In addition, it will include a full-length survey to gather your preferences and recommendations.
- 6:oo pm to 6:05 pm: Welcome by Justin Kristan, Executive Director of the North Dakota Active Transportation Alliance
- 6:05 pm to 6:10 pm: Remarks by Dave Leingang, NDDOT Planner currently implementing biking and walking improvements for NDDOT
- 6:10 pm to 6:20 pm: Introduction to Transportation Connection, the state’s long-range (20-year) year transportation plan
- 6:20 pm to 6:30 pm: Overview of ND Moves, the state’s new Active Transportation Plan (completed April 2019)
- 6:30 pm to 6:40 pm: Innovative treatments and approaches for improving bicycling and walking
- 6:40 pm to 6:45 pm: Next steps, accessing the full-length biking and walking survey to provide your comments, and how to stay in touch with NDATA
The webinar will be recorded and will be available both at the Active Transportation Alliance’s website and at NDDOT’s Transportation Connection site.
To register, please follow this link: https://meethdr.webex.com/meethdr/onstage/g.php?MTID=e1cebe01a607c5f46606a996118e7ec08
For questions, please use the form below. See you on July 23!